Call for the Graduate Student Consortium
The Graduate Student Consortium (GSC) is designed to provide graduate students with mentoring by academics, industry, and government leaders as well as networking opportunities with other graduate students the day before the conference begins. Mentors are leaders from academia, industry, government, and the non-profit sectors, chosen to ensure balance among perspectives and to match areas of interest with GSC students.
The day prior to the main conference, GSC participants will convene for a short seminar on research methods and to present their proposed research and receive feedback. The GSC is open to all graduate and law students enrolled during the 2017-2018 school year regardless of their status at the time of the 2018 conference. Conference registration and conference meals are complimentary for accepted applicants. Students are responsible for their own travel and lodging.
· A statement of approximately 1,500 words outlining their proposed research topic. The statement should describe the research objectives, methodology, and the study’s implications for industry or policymakers. The topic can be a new area of exploration chosen specifically for the GSC or ongoing research.
· A 150-word abstract summarizing their proposed research topic
· Applicants must submit a statement of endorsement from a faculty member at their institution. (The endorsement form is available here.).
• Clear articulation of the proposed research topic.
• Relevance of the selected topic to the TPRC community.
• Faculty endorsement form is here.
Although we welcome applications from returning participants, preference will be given to first-time applicants.
● Abstracts and summaries: Between February 1, 2018 and April 30, 2018
● Notice of decisions: May 31, 2018.
● The GSC will take place on Thursday, September 20 at a location to be announced in the Washington, D.C. area.
Graduate Student Consortium Mentors
Those interested in serving as a GSC mentor should email Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org to express their interest.
For questions regarding the GSC, please contact, Prof. Jane Bambauer at email@example.com